Sunday, July 26, 2009

une chauve-souris

Last night my roommate woke up at 1 am to find my crazed cats chasing a bat around the living room. The bat flew into the pantry and disappeared, and despite our best efforts to find it--we banged around and knocked things over for half an hour--the bat was no where to be found. Then about an hour later, I hear my cat jumping up and down in the kitchen; I pulled the curtain back a little to see, and a BAT was flying around in circles. It was not a small bat. It rested on a blanket for a second and my other cat, who is slightly retarded, tried to attack it, albeit inefficiently. The bat flew around some more, and then stopped; I thought it had landed somewhere near the sink. But the bat had disappeared again. And now it's somewhere in my house sleeping. Until tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment